The two IFCC webinars: “Point of Care Testing in Resource Limited Settings: Dotting the “i’s’” and crossing the “t’s” will be held on July 15, 2021 and “Newborn Screening” will be held on 20 July, 2021.
- 15 July 2021: Point-of-Care Testing is ideally suited to resource limited settings: it can bring testing to the patient in the field as well as enable reliable laboratory testing in an environment lacking the complicated hospital infrastructure. However, it is vulnerable to the same problems that plague all laboratory tests. The presenters will discuss the particular challenges they faced and some of the resolutions they developed.
- 20 July 2021: The goal of Newborn Screening is the pre-symptomatic detection of infants with congenital conditions so that treatment may be commenced as early as possible to prevent, or improve, the long-term consequences of the condition. In this webinar the speakers will discuss the different situation of the newborn screening programs in different countries
- Schedule: 20 min per speaker plus 20 min panel discussion
- Time Zones: Live presentations starting at: 10:00AM EDT – 11:00AM Buenos Aires- AR; 4:00PM European Time; 7:30PM India; 10:00PM CST-Beijing
Important: Please ensure that you carefully determine the time that the presentation will start in your global time zone. Click here to convert to your time-zone.
- Recorded webinar: available on demand
- Certificate of Participation: available for all registrants